Thursday, March 12, 2020

WELCOME: MODERATOR

I worked with Thomas Macloud 9134  and Lucas Keech 1636

Our brief was to make the titles and scenes of a film trailer. The title of our film is called ‘Extinction.’ Extinction is a dystopian thriller set in 2030 and documents the aftermath of the Corna Virus, after is has already wiped out the majority of the worlds population. Throughout our production there are scenes of desolation portraying the sheer number of people who have already lost their lives to the deadly virus. There are also scenes of and survival which show the struggle and despair of our three characters who are trying get through the deadly epidemic. 

Camera work- I was behind the camera while shooting our production company ident; I shot a series of ink photographs in the schools photography studio. I used the photos to create a short stop motion video using a combination of Photoshop and StopmotionPro I layered our company name behind the ink motion video and made the video so the ink would disappear revealing our production company name. I wanted our ident to represent our production values there for I have tried to make it look modern and innovative. I was also behind the camera while filming the one of the first scenes featuring a close up of Lucas with a worried facial expression, as well as the PoV scene filmed from the car and the scene illuminated by the camp fire. 

Directing- When directing we split the role between us as we felt it was useful to have multiple opinions and ideas on how to best shoot the scene.

Editing- I have contributed to the overall editing of our production. I contributed by making the story board which we used while filming to get a good understand of what was to be shot next. When editing the film trailer I took the responsibility upon myself to do the sound editing, which I feel added great value to our trailer as well as teaser. In our main trailer I created a sound scape featuring audio clips from the news about the current corona virus, I layered there audio files together and accompanied them with sirens and unsettling sound affects, It gave the trailer a sense of panic and informed the audience that our film was about the virus. I also included sound affects when the inter titles appear to add impact and draw ones attention, I added music and other distorted sound affects to accompany the trailers narrative.



MAIN TRAILER:

TEASER TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment